AMD Crimson driver and Afterburner

General Discussion area for any topic
MadRocker

AMD Crimson driver and Afterburner

Postby MadRocker » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:08 pm

After gaming last night I noticed my graphics temps were higher than usual. Seems the new driver has locked Afterburners fan speed curve out. I installed crimson hotfix and reinstalled afterburner twice, with no success.. The work around. Open new Radeon settings panel. Click Gaming on top left. Click global settings. Click global overdrive and accept. Adjust fan speed to desired setting, click apply. If you have game profiles as I do you must go into every game and set speed and apply. For now I have a global speed of 60% and set all my games to 75% till this issue is resolved and the fan speed curve is working properly. Monitoring system temps is a must if you are running a high end machine. Twin R-9 4gb video cards are not cheap and I will make the anti-christ look like the pope if my rig gets smoked :diablo: .. Carry on
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

MadRocker

Re: AMD Crimson driver and Afterburner

Postby MadRocker » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:22 pm

Heat will make you crash... Seems a lot of fans were locked at 20%.. Mine was locked aat 50% but I liked the balance the fan curve gave. Now its a pain
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

MadRocker

Postby MadRocker » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Aalso the crimson driver seems to make the gpu run hotter. Will take vid card apart and re-clean heat pipe area

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:27 pm

Or put a fan next to your computer :)

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:04 am

Thanks, will keep an eye on my GPU temps. Haven't had any issues yet. Or so I thought.
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Return to “General Discussion”