EA account shenanigans

General Discussion area for any topic
MadRocker

EA account shenanigans

Postby MadRocker » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Got an email this morning that my email was changed on EA/Origin. After fixing that and my country I went to turn on verification but the douchebag who hacked my account screwed it up already. I had EA call me and all was fixed. Was impressed with the service and advise all who use EA to turn on the 2 step verification to secure their account.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Gr0uNDh0g

Re: EA account shenanigans

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Thanks, that's a good tip. turned on 2 step verification. Already had that for Steam. Never came up to do the same for Origin.... :gamer:
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

MadRocker

Postby MadRocker » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:14 pm

I also sent friend requests back out.. Afghan hacker deleted my friends on Origin, but on a plus note the douche got me 10 gold battlepacks
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

celticknight

Postby celticknight » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:32 pm

Amazing what lengths people would go, to get accounts instead of working on one's own account

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:39 am

I now wonder if my was being used at some point when I wasnt using it. I had a bunch of battle packs one time that wernt opened and I usually open them right away. :swoon:

MadRocker

Postby MadRocker » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:14 pm

It is possible Hog. I only noticed when EA sent me an email to confirm an email address change. With the 2 step verification I have a text sent to me to confirm my computer and any changes to my account.

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:58 pm

The nerve of some people. :shout:

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:27 am

Nowadays it's almost a must to have 2 step verification. I have it on all of my major accounts like Google, Steam, PayPal, etc.

Damn hackers :diablo: :pewpew:
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Return to “General Discussion”