Computer issues

General Discussion area for any topic
hogheadkills

Computer issues

Postby hogheadkills » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Need help figuring this shit out. In Black ops I can play for maybe 20 min then my ping jumps to 999 jumps up and down gets beeter then does it again. It does it on all servers then it Ok for a few mintues then I get disconnected,. The modem never goes out nor the router. Its driving me crazy :dash1: because I cant even finish a whole game, any suggestion appreticated.

BigB

Re: Computer issues

Postby BigB » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Is it just ops 1 or all your games
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:14 pm

DirtyReaper (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Is it just ops 1 or all your games

just Blk Ops, played Starwars the other day and seemed to play ok.

BigB

Postby BigB » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 pm

black ops was fucking up all day yesterday

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:14 pm

DirtyReaper (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))black ops was fucking up all day yesterday

This has been going on a few weeks now, just wondering if its something to do with the computer. My ping goes 999 everyone else is fine after the second time I get disconnected. Any test I can run diagnosis test , besides a speed test.

Thank you Doctor :laugh2:

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:40 pm

So only in BO? Hmmmm :swoon:
Still, with any and all connectivity issues I start with the router. Probably already did this but try unplugging the router (power!) for 30 seconds and the reconnect the power cord. This procedure short (only a couple of secs doesn't give the same effect).

You mentioned Speedtest. Other than the speed it also shows ping. What does that say? It doesn't show the Ping to our server of course but could be off too.

You're PC is not connected through WiFi is it?? :tease: :scared:
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:20 am

Connected directly to the modem, I periodically check the connection to make sure everything is snug. I will have to get back to you on the ping test. Ping is 56 download is 66.41 upload is 5.83mps

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:48 am

Hmmm, If feel that ping is too high. It should choose a nearby server to connect to. If that is the case and the ping is 56 then something is off. I have a better ping connecting to servers in Germany or England.

Try Speedtest a couple of times and see if its that bad all the time. If so, maybe contact your ISP.
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:

WilBury

Postby WilBury » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:28 pm

I was suffering similar BS last year. I believe my router was crapping out, maybe too many lightning strikes.
Can you borrow another one to test? Alternatively, buying a new one & having two to swap out is very nice!
I know that can be difficult on a hogger's wages... :laughinghard:
"I've forgotten more than I'll ever know..." - WilBury

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:43 pm

WilBury (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))I was suffering similar BS last year. I believe my router was crapping out, maybe too many lightning strikes.
Can you borrow another one to test? Alternatively, buying a new one & having two to swap out is very nice!
I know that can be difficult on a hogger's wages... :laughinghard:

this one belonges to my stepson and is fairly new it a good one so this should not be the problem. Poor broked hooger :tease: :ebay:

Return to “General Discussion”