Computer issues

General Discussion area for any topic
hogheadkills

Re: Computer issues

Postby hogheadkills » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Gr0uNDh0g (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Hmmm, If feel that ping is too high. It should choose a nearby server to connect to. If that is the case and the ping is 56 then something is off. I have a better ping connecting to servers in Germany or England.

Try Speedtest a couple of times and see if its that bad all the time. If so, maybe contact your ISP.

I thought the lower the ping the better the connection. :blink:

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:15 am

Yes the lower the better. But 56 is relatively high unless the server it connects to is further away. Could be just it: Speedtest server not nearby. It should read where that server is located. Probably something else wrong. Distances in the US are a 'little' different than here in The Netherlands :mocking:

Maybe give your ISP a ring and explain the connection issue. Perhaps they can see something on their end.
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:06 am

Gr0uNDh0g (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Yes the lower the better. But 56 is relatively high unless the server it connects to is further away. Could be just it: Speedtest server not nearby. It should read where that server is located. Probably something else wrong. Distances in the US are a 'little' different than here in The Netherlands :mocking:

Maybe give your ISP a ring and explain the connection issue. Perhaps they can see something on their end.

Maybe, they will prob want to sell me something :dontknow: :x

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:24 pm

hogheadkills (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))
Gr0uNDh0g (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Yes the lower the better. But 56 is relatively high unless the server it connects to is further away. Could be just it: Speedtest server not nearby. It should read where that server is located. Probably something else wrong. Distances in the US are a 'little' different than here in The Netherlands :mocking:

Maybe, they will prob want to sell me something :dontknow: :x

Hmmm probably. My ISP tries that too when I call for something :nea:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:25 pm

Hey Reaper & Mad, do you have any ideas that he can do?

BigB

Postby BigB » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:18 am

Well i talk to him lastnite and he said that he was getting a the yellow no internet rectangle on his i think it mite be his onboard nic is going he mite need to get a nic card to try that. I am going to ask him if i can remotely login in to his computer to see what is going on and see if he can take a pic to see inside of his computer. Its weird that he can get on line and play but it show he has no internet connection but he will get kicked off of the internet and it could be his modem or router.

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:10 am

Yes, could be the nic. Could also be its drivers perhaps. Maybe an idea to try that first. Delete the nic in device manager and let windows reinstall the drivers on its own. Or find the manufacturers drivers and install those.

BigB

Postby BigB » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:59 pm

Yes it could be a driver issue also.

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:20 pm

Gr0uNDh0g (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Yes, could be the nic. Could also be its drivers perhaps. Maybe an idea to try that first. Delete the nic in device manager and let windows reinstall the drivers on its own. Or find the manufacturers drivers and install those.

Sounds dangerous I like it :music:

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:08 pm

hogheadkills (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))
Gr0uNDh0g (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Yes, could be the nic. Could also be its drivers perhaps. Maybe an idea to try that first. Delete the nic in device manager and let windows reinstall the drivers on its own. Or find the manufacturers drivers and install those.

Sounds dangerous I like it :music:

That's because it is ... :tease:
Better wear a hazmat suit :zombie:

Return to “General Discussion”