Withdrawls

General Discussion area for any topic
BigB

Re: Withdrawls

Postby BigB » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:15 am

aybe your video card id bad.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:22 am

DirtyReaper (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))aybe your video card id bad.

but would that make it so my screen will not turn on.

BigB

Postby BigB » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:10 am

You will not get no video at all nothing.

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:25 am

DirtyReaper (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))You will not get no video at all nothing.

and how do I find out for sure, is there a test or something I can do to check it out? :ok:

BigB

Postby BigB » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Do you have any onboard video on that computer.

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:57 pm

DirtyReaper (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Do you have any onboard video on that computer.

Not sure so i will say NO

BigB

Postby BigB » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:45 am

send me a oic of all of the onboard ports on the back of the computers

WilBury

Postby WilBury » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:10 am

I wonder if the computer is sending out the wrong signal for the monitor...
Can you use the manual buttons on the monitor to try different resolutions or input settings?
Plug the computer into the TV, see if it will run it?
Black screens don't scare me. I've seen only one videocard failure in 20 years but I had to solder in a 50 cent capacitor to fix the power supply in a monitor once.
Onboard video? It may be built in to your motherboard. Reaper is right. There will be video output(s) where your main motherboard ports are in the back. If so, you may have to navigate the bios to enable it, or not...
"I've forgotten more than I'll ever know..." - WilBury

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:49 pm

I have yet to see video card failure in a desktop pc too. (In laptops all the time though... :gotcha: )
On the other hand, you now have two monitors not working. One of them is new. Chances are it is your videocard. On the other hand, I've received my share of DOA's. Better check a third monitor. If your TV has an HDMI port, like WIl said, try that.

If it is your video card and you do have an onboard GPU (video processor) then you're going to need a new card anyways 'cause there's no way in hell you can play games using the onboard GPU.... :nea:

Keep us posted!
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:

WilBury

Postby WilBury » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:59 pm

Also, check for bent pins on those plugs. I've had that! :shok:
"I've forgotten more than I'll ever know..." - WilBury

Return to “General Discussion”