IDEAS FOR A NEW HEADSET

General Discussion area for any topic
zacharias98
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:10 am
Location: Cyprus

IDEAS FOR A NEW HEADSET

Postby zacharias98 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:45 am

Hey beautiful ppl!!!
I will buy a new headset after all what do u suggest me? The price will be up to 100 euros.. 120 dollars max.. i'm open to hear any suggestions... :pilot: :pilot:

User avatar
Gr0uNDh0g
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:38 am
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: IDEAS FOR A NEW HEADSET

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:48 am

I have a Razer Kraken 7.1 USB and I'm happy with it. Sound is good. I can't really judge the mic-sound, that's up to you all who can hear me talk :biggrin:
I think I payed 60€ or 70€ for it :ummmm:
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:
Image

User avatar
WilBury
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: BugBite, BC

Re: IDEAS FOR A NEW HEADSET

Postby WilBury » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:42 pm

Last year I bought the HyperX Cloud II headset & I prayed 83 euros for it.
I like the flexible mic boom at least till I sit on it & bust the whole set.
It's also 7.1 USB. The 4-conductor jack from the headset plugs into the USB dongle which has some controls on it.
That connection went bad on me so I had HyperX send me a new dongle. That didn't help so I soldered on a new jack (NOT easy). Turns out something was not standard length, either the jack or probably the dongle, so I went with a store-bought splitter & now I run straight audio cables to the motherboard. There are NO controls on the earmuffs so I have to do without a mute button now. :dash1:

Gr0uNDh0g, your mic sounds excellent. :ok:
"I've forgotten more than I'll ever know..." - WilBury

zacharias98
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:10 am
Location: Cyprus

Re: IDEAS FOR A NEW HEADSET

Postby zacharias98 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:42 am

Gr0uNDh0g wrote:I have a Razer Kraken 7.1 USB and I'm happy with it. Sound is good. I can't really judge the mic-sound, that's up to you all who can hear me talk :biggrin:
I think I payed 60€ or 70€ for it :ummmm:

Thanks for replying, just made my order next sunday u guys will hear my voice louder and clearer than ever :p :P

zacharias98
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:10 am
Location: Cyprus

Re: IDEAS FOR A NEW HEADSET

Postby zacharias98 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:43 am

WilBury wrote:Last year I bought the HyperX Cloud II headset & I prayed 83 euros for it.
I like the flexible mic boom at least till I sit on it & bust the whole set.
It's also 7.1 USB. The 4-conductor jack from the headset plugs into the USB dongle which has some controls on it.
That connection went bad on me so I had HyperX send me a new dongle. That didn't help so I soldered on a new jack (NOT easy). Turns out something was not standard length, either the jack or probably the dongle, so I went with a store-bought splitter & now I run straight audio cables to the motherboard. There are NO controls on the earmuffs so I have to do without a mute button now. :dash1:

Gr0uNDh0g, your mic sounds excellent. :ok:

Thnaks WIll Bury for your advice.. Aprreciated :rock_on: :rock_on: :rock_on:

User avatar
4skin
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: LEEDS UK

Re: IDEAS FOR A NEW HEADSET

Postby 4skin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:30 pm

WilBury wrote:Last year I bought the HyperX Cloud II headset & I prayed 83 euros for it.
I like the flexible mic boom at least till I sit on it & bust the whole set.
It's also 7.1 USB. The 4-conductor jack from the headset plugs into the USB dongle which has some controls on it.
That connection went bad on me so I had HyperX send me a new dongle. That didn't help so I soldered on a new jack (NOT easy). Turns out something was not standard length, either the jack or probably the dongle, so I went with a store-bought splitter & now I run straight audio cables to the motherboard. There are NO controls on the earmuffs so I have to do without a mute button now. :dash1: Same here HyperX Cloud II are great VFM £70/80 GBP. :ok:

Gr0uNDh0g, your mic sounds excellent. :ok:

GingerNinja
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:55 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: IDEAS FOR A NEW HEADSET

Postby GingerNinja » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:16 pm

Would it be possible to get one without a microphone? Asking for a friend. :laugh2:

User avatar
Gr0uNDh0g
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:38 am
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: IDEAS FOR A NEW HEADSET

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Sat May 01, 2021 9:23 pm

zacharias98 wrote:Thanks for replying, just made my order next sunday u guys will hear my voice louder and clearer than ever :p :P


Good choice. Madrocker also has a Razer Kraken 7.1 USB :good: (Or did you order a different brand/type?)

WilBury wrote:Gr0uNDh0g, your mic sounds excellent. :ok:


That's good to hear. I'll sing a song next time we're on :biggrin:

GingerNinja wrote:Would it be possible to get one without a microphone? Asking for a friend. :laugh2:


:biggrin: :bye2: :mocking:
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:
Image

User avatar
micsas56
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:12 am
Location: Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne

Re: IDEAS FOR A NEW HEADSET

Postby micsas56 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:43 pm

Sorry, I am late, but for me a good headseat is HyperX Cloud II.
"ON THE PATH OF RIGHTEOUSNESS..." "LIFE" WILL BE TAKEN
Games = BF1, BF4, COD-BO2, COD-BO, COD-WaW, COD4

zacharias98
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:10 am
Location: Cyprus

Re: IDEAS FOR A NEW HEADSET

Postby zacharias98 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:12 am

GingerNinja wrote:Would it be possible to get one without a microphone? Asking for a friend. :laugh2:

hahah Ginger I'm wondering why u specifically say that :laugh2: :laugh2:


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests