About me 4skin

4skin

About me 4skin

Postby 4skin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:34 am

Hi All ...my real name is Gary ...I,m from the City of Leeds in the U.K. ...For my Day Job I drive Heavy Vehicles...(Semi,s) ...For my sins I support the Mighty LEEDS UNITED (LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS) As with my football teams (soccer) Anthem.Marching on Together I look forward to Marching On Together with my Ex AR Bros as a Dirty Reaper Clan member ...Best Wishes All and Welcome to this Fabulous Clan & Server ...Enough said .Now get out there & fight !!!! .

BigB

Re: About me 4skin

Postby BigB » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:42 pm

Welcome Gary aka 4skin my brother . :mrgreen:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:56 am

Welcome Gary and enjoy, glad to see you come around.

4skin

Postby 4skin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Marching On Together

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (October 2014)

"Leeds, Leeds, Leeds (Marching on Together)"

Single by Leeds United A.F.C.

Released
1992 (12" remix)
16 May 2010 (re-released)[1]

Format
7"
12"
Digital download

Recorded

Genre
Pop

Length
2:22

Label
Rebecca Music

Writer(s)
Les Reed, Barry Mason

Leeds! Leeds! Leeds! (commonly known as Marching On Together) is the name of the anthem of Leeds United A.F.C. Unlike many football songs that are just new words set to existing music, Leeds! Leeds! Leeds! is an original composition by Les Reed and Barry Mason. The song first appeared in 1972 as the B-side of the record released by Leeds United to coincide with the team reaching the 1972 FA Cup Final, the A-side being titled "Leeds United". The vocals on the original recording were sung by the then-members of the Leeds United team and their supporters. The record stayed in the UK Singles Chart for almost 3 months, peaking at number 10.

The song is played just before kick-off and the start of the second half at every home game at Elland Road and it is a ritual for every Leeds United fan to stand up and sing when it is played.

In the modern age, it has become a regular way for Leeds United fans to demonstrate their allegiance to finish text messages, emails, or Twitter messages with the acronym/hashtag MOT.

Most of the song is also used by supporters of other Leeds-based sports teams, such as the Leeds Rhinos rugby league team and the Leeds Carnegie rugby union side. The only part of the song that is removed in these alternative versions is the first four lines, which contain "Leeds United" twice, as "United" obviously does not apply to these teams.

The official club magazine, which is no longer published, was named after the original title of the song.

Leeds' Ultimate Frisbee team, LeedsLeedsLeeds, were also named after the song & club magazine.

After Leeds' promotion back to the Championship in May 2010, the song was digitally re-mastered and re-released in an effort to get the song into the UK Singles Chart. The song charted at number 10 on 23 May 2010.

Contents [hide]
1 Fans' variations
2 Chart performance
3 References
4 External links

Fans' variations[edit]

Parts of the current version of the song have varied in form from the original one. The fans usually add the "na na na na na na" and mimick the song where there are no words. Also, "ups and downs" is commonly repeated after the "ups and downs" part in the original song.

"Glory Glory Leeds United" (to the tune of "Glory Glory Hallelujah") is a completely different song to "Leeds United" which like "Leeds Leeds Leeds" is an original composition by Reed/Mason. All tracks are available on the CD "Marching On Together, Leeds United Greatest Hits" which can be purchased.

The song was re-released in 2010 via a social networking group, after an idea by Dave Whittaker, from Roundhay in Leeds, who also designed the sleeve for the CD "Marching on Together, Leeds United Greatest Hits"

In 2012, fans of the Minnesota Twins brought the song to prominence in their homeland, adapting the lyric (replacing 'Leeds United' with 'Minnesota', and 'Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!' with 'Twins! Twins! Twins!') to support the Major League Baseball team.[2]

Chart performance[edit]

"Leeds, Leeds, Leeds (Marching on Together)" entered the Irish Singles Chart on 20 May 2010 at number 41 and charted in the UK Singles Chart on 23 May 2010 at number 10.

Chart (2010)

Peak
Position

Ireland (IRMA)[3] 41
UK Singles Chart 10

References[edit]

1.Jump up ^ "iTunes - Music - Leeds, Leeds, Leeds (Marching On Together) - Single by Leeds United Team & Supporters". iTunes. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
2.Jump up ^ Weber, Tom (6 April 2012). "A new Twins anthem for opening day". The Daily Circuit. Minnesota Public Radio. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
3.Jump up ^ "Chart Track: Week 20, 2010". Irish Singles Chart.

External links[edit]
Leeds United songs, lyric and Info from wafll.com
Marching On Together lyric from wafll.com
Marching On Together

[hide]
v ·
t ·
e

Leeds United Football Club

The Club

History ·
Players ·
Managers ·
Records and statistics ·
Europe ·
Reserves & Academy ·
Seasons ·
Notable matches

Grounds

Home stadium: Elland Road ·
Training ground: Thorp Arch

Rivalries

Manchester United rivalry ·
West Yorkshire derby ·
Chelsea rivalry

Songs

"Leeds United" ·
"Marching On Together" ·
"Glory, Glory Leeds United"

Media

Yorkshire Radio

Related articles

Limited company ·
Leeds City F.C. ·
Leeds United Ladies ·
"Doing a Leeds" ·
Leeds United Service Crew ·
2000 UEFA Cup semi-final violence

Categories: 1972 songs
Leeds United F.C. songs
Songs written by Les Reed (songwriter)
Songs written by Barry Mason
Football songs and chants
Minnesota Twins

Navigation menu

Not logged in
Talk
Contributions
Create account

Article

Talk

Read

Edit

View history

Main page
Contents
Featured content
Current events
Random article
Donate to Wikipedia
Wikipedia store

Interaction

Help
About Wikipedia
Community portal
Recent changes
Contact page

Tools

What links here
Related changes
Upload file
Special pages
Permanent link
Page information
Wikidata item
Cite this page

Print/export

Create a book
Download as PDF
Printable version

Languages

Deutsch

Edit links

This page was last modified on 28 July 2015, at 18:44.
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.
Privacy policy
About Wikipedia
Disclaimers
Contact Wikipedia
Developers
Cookie statement
Mobile view
Wikimedia Foundation