meet WilBury

WilBury

meet WilBury

Postby WilBury » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi ppls! Wil will do. I'm a retired *senior* railroad heavy equipment operator (Hoghead knows what that's all about), hence the impressive hand-eye coordination and lightning-fast reflexes born of compensating for the idiot at the controls! Very few machines I haven't personally wrecked. Had trigger fingers on both hands operated on when it began to affect my gaming. Using my hands for sledgehammers I guess.
Technically I'm still in Clan 360 but haven't played with them in ages. A good bunch but the server ping was a little too high for me & once you're in Teamspeak you find out what ppl are REALLY like, lol. :shok: Besides, I refuse to share my meager bandwidth for TS anyway.
I very much respect the balanced?? administration. Even hackers are given a chance to turn it off. Too many kiddy admins in other places. I like your warning system and a well-placed kick is only a 5 min. ban after all, so don't be shy with the regulars.
Thanks for providing the fun.

Game on! :pewpew: gore_enabled "1"
"I've forgotten more than I'll ever know..." - WilBury

hogheadkills

Re: meet WilBury

Postby hogheadkills » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:11 pm

welcome And have fun as always. Only 5 more years and I will be retired too. Which RR did you work for or did you work as a private contractor are you collecting RRB $$

WilBury

Postby WilBury » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:12 pm

hogheadkills (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))welcome And have fun as always. Only 5 more years and I will be retired too. Which RR did you work for or did you work as a private contractor are you collecting RRB $$

Almost 35 yrs with CP. Started when jobs were a dime a dozen, too lazy to quit. I did the 54/11 thing & cashed out before my 55th birthday to build a home on the edge of civilization. Can't even hear a train from here & believe me I can hear one a looooong way off. Kind of a self-preservation thing, from working in the rockies. The spiral tunnels https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Hill were my home turf. Definitely anus-clenching material for many a hoghead. I was at Yoho for this one. http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-reports/rail/1997/r97c0147/r97c0147.asp Never...no, it's always...no, it's never...recharge unless you KNOW what you're doing.
Dangerous business, not everyone makes it out alive.

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:33 pm

Yes working on grades is dangerous if you don't follow procedures. Work in the yards now but did many runs up and down the Cajon Pass https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8D5LDeeRas . We have had several bad accidents 2 coworkers died when their train came down the hill at over 60mph when it should have been 15 and 20. The engineer survived they had a defective brake pipe that was overlooked and had no air brakes.

Giggles

Postby Giggles » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Hey Wil! Nice to speak finally with the guy that shoots me at least 10 times a match. Hope you can share your bandwidth with TS sometime and hop on for some banter.

Look forward to it.
A Giggle a day, keeps the blues away!

WilBury

Postby WilBury » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:41 pm

DeathStalker (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Oh god, first it was fornicating Canucks, then we were over run with damn Texans, NOW the railroad hobos are invading?

Well at least we got someone now that Hog can talk to about work.........

Hey Wil. Glad you are here. We TRY to run an even keeled server. It's actually a hard balance to let folks play without bitching all the time and keeping the few turds from breaking them lol AND to keep members from being over zealous.

So for the REST of the folks NOT in thre railroad, I figured I'd post a link to the rr lingo........ just in case you and Hog start reminiscing as it were........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_ ... lway_terms

Thanks for the welcome Death. That glossary is way too clean!

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON'))) (!empty($user->lang['SELECT_ALL_CODE'])) ? $user->lang['SELECT_ALL_CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'SELECT_ALL_CODE')))

𝄞
Rusty rails to you... (to the tune of happy trails)

WilBury

Postby WilBury » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Thanks Giggles! At least u know how to cap a flag!

WilBury

Postby WilBury » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:53 pm

I dunno Death. Same experience here. Maybe he WAS hacking & now feels guilty....

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Hey Wil, good to have you around!
:welcome:
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

GingerNinja

Postby GingerNinja » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Hey Wil, welcome to the site. Its nice to have a fellow Canadian on board, one more for Death to rip on.

Return to “Tell us who you are”