Parts is parts

General Discussion area for any topic
hogheadkills

Parts is parts

Postby hogheadkills » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Where does everyone get their computer parts in the (US). Im checking newegg and amazon and notice prices change from one week to the other?
Intel Core i7-7700 Desktop Processor 8M Cache, 3.6GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 4.20GHz) 7th Generation Looking for this and want it new. Looked at Tiger direct also, newegg had it for 304.99 the last week and now its 325.00. :shok:

Count

Re: Parts is parts

Postby Count » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:23 pm

I used to get most of my stuff from newegg. But like you said the prices change daily. I go back and forth between newegg and Tigerdirect. I guess it all depends on the deals. I don't use tigerdirect as much because they kill me on state tax since I live in Illinois and that is where their HQ is. Amazon has good deals. Also check Ebay. just don't buy anything that has been overclocked, you run the risk of stuff being damaged already.

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 am

My stepson is helping me build it I would not have a clue how to even start. I've got some from Amazon and newegg. Tiger direct was a bit pricey for one part I'm looking for. Soon hopefully I will be up and running.

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Nice! Building your own PC is so rewarding :nx:
Few tips:
Be careful for static. Static will kill your parts in a flash. No pun intended lol :mocking:
So wear no shoes or slippers or whatever with rubber soles. If possible, wear an anti-static bracelet. And if you decide to finish it later, put the unused parts back in the anti-static bag in came in. Not in a plastic bag. I've had people bring their parts in in shopping bags.... :shock:

It's not as hard as you think. It's just a matter of fitting the pieces together. Sort of a mix of Lego and a puzzle where you first need to buy matching parts. Feel free to shoot me a message via Facebook Messenger if something's up :sos: :good:

Good luck! :focus:
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Count

Postby Count » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Also adding to what Groudhog said....FANS.....FANS EVERYWHERE. make sure you have plenty of air flow. the cooler (temperature) your computer components are the better your system will run

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:24 pm

We are getting good fans I'm sure if it is going to be water cooled or not, I'm using his old tower and it was water cooled. I will let him know about the bracelets.

4skin

Postby 4skin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:55 am

Gr0uNDh0g (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Nice! Building your own PC is so rewarding :nx:
Few tips:
Be careful for static. Static will kill your parts in a flash. No pun intended lol :mocking:
So wear no shoes or slippers or whatever with rubber soles. If possible, wear an anti-static bracelet. And if you decide to finish it later, put the unused parts back in the anti-static bag in came in. Not in a plastic bag. I've had people bring their parts in in shopping bags.... :shock:

It's not as hard as you think. It's just a matter of fitting the pieces together. Sort of a mix of Lego and a puzzle where you first need to buy matching parts. Feel free to shoot me a message via Facebook Messenger if something's up :sos: :good:

I Wear a rubber GIMP SUIT To combat the STATIC :ok:

Count

Postby Count » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:06 am

4skin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))
Gr0uNDh0g (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Nice! Building your own PC is so rewarding :nx:
Few tips:

I Wear a rubber GIMP SUIT To combat the STATIC :ok:

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:00 am

That's out of my budget skin

4skin

Postby 4skin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:18 pm

hogheadkills (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))That's out of my budget skin
That Metal Mouth zip would conduct STATIC :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Return to “General Discussion”