computer

General Discussion area for any topic
hogheadkills

computer

Postby hogheadkills » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:43 am

My wife has an old computer that she was going to give her daughter, but she has a password on it and doesn't remember at this time. Its a lap top with no disc of any kind I tried getting in but no luck, is there a way to get into it that anyone knows of.

MadRocker

Re: computer

Postby MadRocker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:06 am

What operating system? I used this to get into a windows 7 machine a few years back. You may have to set your Bios to boot from a usb if it allows it. Your antivirus may go off because windoze frowns on utilities like this.

https://www.lifewire.com/ophcrack-livecd-review-2626148

Use something like the universal USB installer to burn the ISO to a flash drive. Be sure to choose the right flavor Live ISO for that OS.

https://www.pendrivelinux.com/usb-ophcrack-windows-login-password-cracker/
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:19 pm

It is Windows 7 home premium, so I could use a flash drive download either program to it and install it to the laptop. :ummmm:

MadRocker

Postby MadRocker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:27 pm

The program I linked doesn't install, it runs from the flash drive and searches the registry for the password. when its found it, it will list it. I run Tails OS this way, so I can run it on any rig that can boot from usb.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:39 pm

Ok Im trying to use the program MAd Rocker was using, I download it to a flash drive. If I did it right I I changed the bios to load from a external device, It does show load from usb. When I did it this is what comes up and it just stops not sure were to go from here.
boot2.jpg
boot2.jpg (65.01 KiB) Viewed 12450 times
boot.jpg
boot.jpg (44.03 KiB) Viewed 12450 times

MadRocker

Postby MadRocker » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:44 pm

You may have a usb stick that won't boot. I had an old sandisk cruzer that wouldn't boot any more , so I upgraded to a couple 16 gig kingston drives and they work. It happens when you forget to hit the remove hardware button and just unplug it from PC, it leaves the stick just for storage and non-bootable after a while. It's something I'm guilty of myself... Bad Mad... Baaad!!!

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Did you use the Universal USB installer (2nd link Mad posted) to write the program to USB? You can't just copy the live cd .ISO file to the USB drive :blum3:
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:28 am

Gr0uNDh0g (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Did you use the Universal USB installer (2nd link Mad posted) to write the program to USB? You can't just copy the live cd .ISO file to the USB drive :blum3:

it does show the installer on the usb flash, It could be old but I can see pictures and other stuff on the flash. Maybe I will get a new one and start fresh. Im sure Ive pulled it out without ejecting a few times. :mafia:

Return to “General Discussion”