Smoked another PC

General Discussion area for any topic
MadRocker

Smoked another PC

Postby MadRocker » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Welp.,... burned up another Mobo it seems... I think I'm gonna have to start contacting manufacturers to see if we can get a Mad's seal of approval going on. I didn't think I punished it that much... 4.3ghz was running stable at 28 celcius ...

So for my next victim I have a Ryzen 5 2600x 6-core that can handle 4.2 ghz with an MSI X470 GAMING PLUS AM4 mobo on its way. I have to hold off on new memory because I'm not rich and want 32gb of memory, so give me a bit. I already have 2 RX 580 8gb cards, 1 250gb samsung SSD, 1 1tb samsung SSD, an EVGA gold 850 watt modular power supply, assorted fans and a cooler master 240 water cooler. The final price tag around 1700 american/1482.09 euros since I'm cheap and look for deals.

Any thoughts about this build before I kill it? :diablo:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

WilBury

Re: Smoked another PC

Postby WilBury » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Holy good f**k!
You gotta stop smokin' that shit! :nx:
"I've forgotten more than I'll ever know..." - WilBury

MadRocker

Postby MadRocker » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:15 am

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm running a Ryzen 5 1600 with an MSI Radeon RX480 GamingX 4GB on a Gigabyte Aorus AX370-Gaming K5 mobo with 16 GB of RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX RGB Black 16GB DDR4-3466 CL16). So, not exactly the same but close enough. And might I add, quite happy with it :wave:

At the moment I see no point in buying 16 GB of RAM extra.

Did you order the 4 or 8 GB videocard?

Oh, and stop abusing technology! :mocking:
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

MadRocker

Postby MadRocker » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:41 pm

I have 2 XFX Black Edition 8 GB RX580's at the moment. I'm gonna start out with the G.Skill X Flare DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600 )Timing 14-14-14-34 CAS Latency 14. I spent a day reading to find what would work well with the 2600x. The processor itself says DDR4 2933 but with the 470 chipset the way to go seems to be 3200 through the XMP settings in the Bios. The low latency is crazy good to shoot faces with. My OCD may not allow me to keep the other 2 memory slots naked and bear. I'll start with 16GB then add more because it will be perty and 32 GB memory is there if I actually need it. $204 american at the moment for 16 GB memory.

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Oh wait lol. I see what I read wrong. The MSI X470 is the mobo. Read too fast and thought you ordered an MSI Radeon RX470 videocard. Duuuuh :crazypilot:

Anyhoo: looks solid to me. Nice face shooting setup! :confused: :pewpew:

And I feel your OCD too. Those empty slots scream at me at night :dash1: Just not worth the amount of cash. Yet. Maybe when the screaming gets louder. Or when they start talking to me.
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:29 pm

MadRocker (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Welp.,... burned up another Mobo it seems... I think I'm gonna have to start contacting manufacturers to see if we can get a Mad's seal of approval going on. I didn't think I punished it that much... 4.3ghz was running stable at 28 celcius ...

So for my next victim I have a Ryzen 5 2600x 6-core that can handle 4.2 ghz with an MSI X470 GAMING PLUS AM4 mobo on its way. I have to hold off on new memory because I'm not rich and want 32gb of memory, so give me a bit. I already have 2 RX 580 8gb cards, 1 250gb samsung SSD, 1 1tb samsung SSD, an EVGA gold 850 watt modular power supply, assorted fans and a cooler master 240 water cooler. The final price tag around 1700 american/1482.09 euros since I'm cheap and look for deals.

Any thoughts about this build before I kill it? :diablo:

Sounds like an IT sex hotline to me Call 1 800 mobo Ryzen , Let's play games :laughinghard:

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Gr0uNDh0g (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Oh wait lol. I see what I read wrong. The MSI X470 is the mobo. Read too fast and thought you ordered an MSI Radeon RX470 videocard. Duuuuh :crazypilot:

Anyhoo: looks solid to me. Nice face shooting setup! :confused: :pewpew:

And I feel your OCD too. Those empty slots scream at me at night :dash1: Just not worth the amount of cash. Yet. Maybe when the screaming gets louder. Or when they start talking to me.

Empty slots hmmm, I see more sex talks maybe I have a problem :mocking:

MadRocker

Postby MadRocker » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:56 pm

You have no problem Hoghead... It's just a different kind of computer sex....

WilBury

Postby WilBury » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:01 pm

slots...must fill... :good:

I'm still holding out for PCIe-4 & now that looks promising for 2019 thanks to AMD!

Rome motherboards will arrive in Q3 2019 designed to support the Rome processors (Q1 & Q2) and PCIe 4.0.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-r ... 38071.html

Not to mention Navi GPU's, also PCIe-4.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-n ... 38029.html

:wave: :wave:
"I've forgotten more than I'll ever know..." - WilBury

Return to “General Discussion”