Ban Appeal?

General Discussion area for any topic
PajamaSam

Ban Appeal?

Postby PajamaSam » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:04 am

Is there a thread for ban appeals? I'm not finding one anywhere, and I'd like a to make an appeal on my ban due to the nature of my ban being very unprofessional.

micsas56

Re: Ban Appeal?

Postby micsas56 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:18 am

I was there when an admin banned you. You were disrespectful and you have been warned many times and you continue to be disrespectful. For me I do not see the reason to unban you. I'll let the admin who banned you decide.
:dash1:
"ON THE PATH OF RIGHTEOUSNESS..." "LIFE" WILL BE TAKEN
Games = BF1, BF4, COD-BO2, COD-BO, COD-WaW, COD4

PajamaSam

Postby PajamaSam » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:40 am

Not quite sure how you define disrespectful, but when I look up the definition on Google.com™, it says "showing a lack of respect or courtesy; impolite." I do not see how I was being disrespectful by these terms. In fact, all I ever did was ask questions about the rules when I was banned. Perhaps in the future, it would be a good idea to define "disrespect" in the rules to prevent unfortunate misunderstandings like from happening again.

Duk1NG

Postby Duk1NG » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:11 am

Hey, Sam , maybe you will get Lucky.. how santa is this year… ;) From my side u can get a second chance.. but i'm only 1 of a full group of admins :) Hopefully u learn your lesson now :) May the force be with u

BigB

Postby BigB » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Who ban you
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Gr0uNDh0g

Postby Gr0uNDh0g » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:06 am

PajamaSam (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Not quite sure how you define disrespectful, but when I look up the definition on Google.com™, it says "showing a lack of respect or courtesy; impolite." I do not see how I was being disrespectful by these terms. In fact, all I ever did was ask questions about the rules when I was banned. Perhaps in the future, it would be a good idea to define "disrespect" in the rules to prevent unfortunate misunderstandings like from happening again.

The way you present yourself by lecturing us about the meaning of 'disrespect' tells me plenty about you. You come here for an unban and act like a wiseass even before having had contact with the actual admin who banned you.

All our members have the ability to kick but there are only 6 admins and one of us has banned you. It wasn't me, and apparently it wasn't Reaper. Our clan is not known for banning people for no reason. In fact, it's more like a policy. I'm curious as to what the admin who banned you has to say but I feel it's going to be a lot the same what MicSa has already shared. And I have full trust Micsa's judgment. Like I said, we don't ban for the heck of it. We don't mind trashtalk at all. But act like a douchebag long enough and you're out. Sounds familiar? Let's wait and see for now.
Punxsutawney Phil is coming for you! :pewpew:

PajamaSam

Postby PajamaSam » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Reaper__13 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Who ban you

I was banned by Kalevra.

Gr0uNDh0g (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))The way you present yourself by lecturing us about the meaning of 'disrespect' tells me plenty about you. You come here for an unban and act like a wiseass even before having had contact with the actual admin who banned you.

I have no intention of coming off as a wiseass or a douchebag, I just want to make sure we have a clear definition of the rules here so that there's no confusion as to what "disrespect" is.

hogheadkills

Postby hogheadkills » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:14 am

PajamaSam (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))
Reaper__13 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Who ban you

I was banned by Kalevra.

Gr0uNDh0g (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))The way you present yourself by lecturing us about the meaning of 'disrespect' tells me plenty about you. You come here for an unban and act like a wiseass even before having had contact with the actual admin who banned you.

I have no intention of coming off as a wiseass or a douchebag, I just want to make sure we have a clear definition of the rules here so that there's no confusion as to what "disrespect" is.

We have a clear definition of the rules, they scroll on the screen. If you violate them you get a boot, if you keep doing you get banned, we don't have time to babysit we want to enjoy the game. :mafia:

PajamaSam

Postby PajamaSam » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:21 am

hogheadkills (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))We have a clear definition of the rules, they scroll on the screen. If you violate them you get a boot, if you keep doing you get banned, we don't have time to babysit we want to enjoy the game. :mafia:

This is irrelevant to the fact that I was banned for asking a question about a rule.

kalevra

Postby kalevra » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:11 pm

Sorry everybody, I've been quite busy for the past few days and was not able to reply to this before.

I banned PajamaSAm for:

- Disrespecting DR members,
- Disrespect towards the server, calling it and the rules dumb, for example,
- Calling names to whoever tried to reason with him or tried to explain how the rules work

He was warned multiple times (and not just by me) for his behavior and for constantly breaking the rules, as well as kicked once for breaking the rules, again, after all the warnings.

At first, i was only going to do a temporary ban as usual. But, as i was typing the command, he was again disrespectful towards me and the server and full of attitude (I see the attitude continues on this thread) and decided to make it a permanent ban - of which i take full responsibility.

It came to my attention that he is banned from other servers for similar reasons. Give him a second chance? Not in my opinion! But i don't think it's up to me to make that decision.

Merry Christmas, Dirty Reapers!
Kal
:wave:

Return to “General Discussion”